Clare Mackintosh spent twelve years in the police force, including time on CID, and as a public order commander. She left the police in 2011 to work as a freelance journalist and social media consultant, and now writes full time.
Clare’s debut novel, I Let You Go, is a Sunday Times Bestseller and was the fastest selling title by a new crime writer in 2015. It won the 'Reader's Pick' in the Richard and Judy Book Club and featured on ITV’s Loose Women’s ‘Loose Books’. It has also been shortlisted in the Debut Fiction Category at The British Book Industry Awards 2016. Her second novel, I See You, will be published in August 2016.
Clare is the founder of the Chipping Norton Literary Festival and she contributes regularly to literary events, including her role as a judge for the New Children's Fiction Awards 2016. She lives in the Cotswolds with her husband and their three children.
- Fiona Neill and Rachel Rhys join the Richard and Judy Book Club
- Curtis Brown Authors enjoy Summer Bestseller Success
- Clare Mackintosh Longlisted for Goldsboro Books Glass Bell Award
- Clare Mackintosh and Curtis Brown Authors Distinguished at Crimefest
- Clare Mackintosh selected for the Richard & Judy Summer Book Club
RT @JHC_Porter: To all fabulously wealthy celebrities who BEAT THE ODDS by making it big with crap A levels, do us teachers a solid: stay o…
@Biggreenbooks @LeanneLeveaux @_BookClub @PentopaperTeach I'll call tomorrow! If someone could PM me the address th… https://t.co/jBD1Kw6IsD
@LeanneLeveaux @_BookClub If @Biggreenbooks can post, I'll happily buy a couple of copies via them for you.