How To Survive Middle School
1. Middle school
2. His best friend going girl crazy
5. Crushing on an unusual girl
6. A mom who writes him letters from the beet farm where she now lives
7. A dad who’s a rock star in his own mind
8. His acne-prone sister
9. And his # 1 fan -- Bubbie (Jewish grandmother)
10. Did we mention his heart-breaking hamster?
Can David get through his first year of middle school? Will he lose his best friend? Gain a girlfriend? Survive his quirky family? Most importantly, will he become a famous talk show host like his idol, Jon Stewart?
The audio rights are handled by Liz Farrell.
Roxane Edouard manages the translation rights for How To Survive Middle School
Gephart maps the hormonal, emotionally torturous terrain of pubescent boyhood with realistic dialogue, well-developed secondary characters and age-appropriate humor and insight, placing this title in the same august league as Jordan Sonnenblick’s Girls, Drums and Dangerous Pie.
Kirkus starred review Full Review
With short chapters and broad humor, this one is for "Wimpy Kid" aficionados.
School Library Journal starred review Full Review
Booklist Full Review